Which operating system is required to program Robobo?
If you want to program Robobo using block-based programming, you can use Windows, MacOS or Linux, because the only thing you need is a web browser and an internet connection. If you want to program Robobo using ROS, we recommend using Linux (Ubuntu 10 or later), although MacOS and Windows can be used too if you run a virtual machine of a Linux system. If we achieve the second goal, the new Python-based IDE will be available for Windows, MacOS and Linux, and furthermore, it will run in tablets.
Which Android-based smartphones are supported?
Every smartphone model can be used with Robobo if it verifies the following requirements.
- Android 5.1 or later installed
- Dimensions are between: 160 x 78 x 9,5 mm and 134 x 67 x 6,5 mm
Where can I find the Robobo smartphone app?
At this moment Robobo only supports Android Smartphones. The app can be downloaded from Google Play, it is completely free, and there are two versions, one for Scratch programming and the other one for ROS programming.
Where do I start? Do you have any manual to program Robobo?
Yes, in the Robobo Portal, you can find a Robobo Scratch programming manual with detailed instructions of how to start with Robobo.
In addition, in our wiki page, you can find the information to start programming in Java Android and ROS.
How does Robobo connect to my PC?
The Robobo app connects your smartphone with your PC through a Wi-Fi connection. As a consequence, both of them must be in the same network.
Which programming languages are supported by Robobo?
Robobo can be programmed using Scratch blocks through ScratchX, JAVA Android or ROS. Check all the information here.
Which hardware elements do I need to start programming Robobo?
You need 4 elements: a Robobo base, an Android Smartphone, a computer with a WI-FI connection and an available WI-FI network
Which steps should I follow to start programming Robobo with Scratch?
Please, read the "initial configuration" section available at the http://education.theroboboproject.com/en/programming-manual/initial-configuration
Which software elements do I need to start programming Robobo in Scratch?
You need the following elements:
- The Android 5.1 OS (or later) installed in your smartphone
- The last version of the Robobo app installed in your Smartphone
- A compatible web browser installed on your computer (recommended Chrome of Firefox)
- The flash player installed on your computer (or at least allowing its execution). It is required to run Scratch blocks
- Internet connection to load the ScratchX webpage and our extension: http://www.scratchx.org
When trying to connect ScratchX with my Robobo, an error message appears, what can I do?
First of all, follow the steps described at the
Initial configuration page and if the error continues, check the following:
- The computer where ScratchX runs and the smartphone must be connected to the same WI-FI network.
- The robot must be switched on with the LEDS in blue.
- The smartphone must have the Robobo app running, with the corresponding Robobo linked by Bluetooth.
- The IP entered must be the one assigned to Robobo (it can be seen in the Robobo app main screen).
- The IP introduced should not have spaces at the beginning or end.
The ScratchX blocks are not properly loaded, what can I do?
The Robobo Scratch blocks can be used through ScratchX website (http://scratchx.org) by loading our extension
Moreover, you can start a new project from our template (robobo_template.sbx).
If the blocks are not loaded after properly following the previous steps, you should try to delete the temporary files of your web browser.
Which steps should I follow to start programming Robobo with Java Android?
Please, follow the instructions detailed at the Robobo Java Android developer wiki.
Which steps should I follow to start programming Robobo with ROS?
Please, follow the instructions detailed at the Robobo ROS developer wiki
Can I program Robobo Scratch using a tablet?
Scratch block programming requires a flash compatible web browser, so it
depends on your tablet. Nevertheless, we recommend programming Robobo
using a PC or laptop.
Is Robobo shipped to every continent?
Robobo can be shipped to most of countries in the world. If your country does not appear when you choose an option, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org